The IP House has expertise in:
- Intellectual property litigation, acting for clients in intellectual property disputes involving trade marks, copyright, domain names, designs, confidential information and trade practices
- Commercial litigation, acting for clients in matters involving general contractual disputes, media and defamation, professional indemnity, property, trusts, leases and debt recovery
The IP House specialises in intellectual property litigation. We are specialists in:
- Advising on intellectual property infringement claims and enforcement options, including court proceedings to restrain and/or defend actions for the infringement of trade marks, copyright, domain names, designs and breaches of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, such as misleading or deceptive conduct where others have adopted similar trade marks, products, or packaging
- Advising on the validity and enforceability of third party rights and the availability of any defences to infringement
- Preparing letters of demand/ cease and desist letters
- Handling pre-litigation negotiations
- Providing representation in court litigation and alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation and arbitration
- Prosecuting and defending actions for trade mark removal and acting in trade mark opposition proceedings, including appearances at hearings before the Trade Marks Office and Federal Court of Australia.
We have experience in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution methods such as negotiation, mediation or arbitration. We will always take active steps in an attempt to resolve any litigated matter as efficiently and cost effectively as possible, without proceeding to hearing.
Please contact us to arrange a telephone conference or appointment.